“Mein Schiff” Fleet Stays on Course With SANsymphony™
DataCore’s scalability in terms of capacity, performance and functionality gives us the flexibility we need to respond to further challenges, whether it is on the ships or for the entire fleet. In addition, SANsymphony has demonstrated its absolute reliability. We plan to keep expanding our “Mein Schiff” fleet, and we will continue to rely on BSH IT Solutions and SANsymphony.
Matthias Fahrner, Director IT Competence Center & Strategy
A high level of availability and security are essential for IT systems at sea, and also pose a special challenge. Very fast and expensive shipyard time slots are needed for installation and maintenance. A consistent internet connection cannot always be guaranteed during remote maintenance at sea. Because of the monthly costs of about $50,000 for a 4-Mbit line, larger data transactions are not possible in any case.
- High level of availability, thanks to synchronous mirroring
- Transparent failover: if a section of a data center fails, the other side automatically takes over
- Scalable in terms of capacity, output, and performance
- Easy to use on-site, with worldwide remote management by the partner
- Travel & Transport
- Continuité des opérations
- High Availability
- Performance Improvement
- Virtualisation du stockage