If you were to pose this question to your storage vendor or VMware support today, you would be likely to receive the answer: “No. vSphere does not support this.”
Nevertheless, with the VMware certified, universal vSphere APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA) provider from DataCore you can easily achieve that with full VMware support and without VVol certified hardware today. Use of local discs alone or in combination with other storage arrays as part of the Virtual Volumes datastore would even be sufficient.
Join our brief webinar, Q&A and expanded live demo to discover:
• How to setup such a solution in real life
• How to implement auto-tiering across different arrays
Join Microsoft MVP, VMware vExpert, “Software-Defined Data Infrastructure Essentials” (CRC Press) book author Greg Schulz of Server StorageIO and experts from DataCore as they explore what you can do today to boost application productivity across different workloads and environments.
This webinar is for those whose applications have the need for speed including database, VDI, SharePoint, Exchange, AI, ML and other I/O intensive workloads.
Attend and learn about:
- Boosting application performance without breaking the bank
- Improving application productivity and reducing user wait time
- Gaining insight and awareness into bottlenecks and what to do
- Unlocking value in your existing hardware and software licenses
- What you can do today, literally right after or even during this webinar…
While hyperconvergence aims to make the datacenter more efficient, hyperconvergence can also be confusing at times, due to the numerous forms of #HCI, the different approaches, and the varying levels of efficiency that can be gained.
Join us for this exclusive educational event as we cover:
• What hyperconvergence really is
• How it works from install to administration
• How it can help your company and make your IT strategy more effective
We’ll take questions from you, our audience, on this registration form and answer those questions during the live event.
Join Hyperconvergence Expert Steve Hunt and moderator and vExpert, David Davis to get all your HCI questions answered!
Did you know that 22% of data center outages are caused by human error? Or that 10% are caused by weather incidents?
The impact of an unexpected outage for just a few hours or even days could be catastrophic to your business.
How would you like to minimize or even eliminate these business interruptions, and more?
Join us to discover:
• Useful and simple measures to use that can help you keep the lights on
• How to quickly recover when the worst-case scenario occurs
• How to achieve zero downtime and high availability
In this session, you will learn how parallelism in the I/O layer impacts performance, particularly in database servers; how interrupt-based I/O limits throughput in systems with high core count; the connection between I/O waits and CPU context switches, and more.
Hyperconverged systems offer a great deal of promise and yet come with a set of limitations.
While they allow enterprises to re-integrate system components into a single enclosure and reduce the physical complexity, floor space and cost of supporting a workload in the data center, they also often will not support existing storage in local SANs or offered by cloud service providers.
However, there are solutions available to address these challenges and allow hyperconverged systems to realize their promise. Sign up to discover:
• What are hyperconverged systems?
• What challenges do they pose?
• What should the ideal solution to those challenges look like?
• A solution that helps integrate hyperconverged systems with existing SANs